What is Orgone? Is it safe? What is the science behind it?
Orgone energy is Wilhelm Reich’s name for the substratum from which all nature is created.
It is the energy of Nature. Orgone energy was originally discovered by Wilhelm Reich in his psychiatric work. As a psychoanalyst and student of Freud, Reich’s point of departure was, quite naturally, Freud’s concept of “libido. ” “Libido” is life energy, desire, the source of human striving. Reich developed the libido concept, concentrating on its physical expression and simultaneous psychological content, until he was able to show the relation of bodily attitude and emotion.
Although orgone energy was first discovered in the human body, Reich learned through painstaking observation and experiment that it existed in free form in the atmosphere.
Reich found that the same orgone energy underlay each of these classes of phenomena:
3. Atmospheric and cosmic processes
(atom, planet, star, galaxy)
These three realms correspond to the sequence of Reich’s discoveries, from his beginning in psychiatry through biology to physics, each realm including the previous. They are in inverse order with respect to our knowledge about them, however; for Reich explored the realm of psychiatry in breadth and depth, the broader realm of biology in a much more limited way, and only made a good start in his exploration of atmospheric and cosmic processes
Properties of Orgone -Energy
Orgone energy, the creative force in nature, is not a form of electromagnetism nor of matter but is fundamental to both. It is the specific life energy, but life is only one particular manifestation of it. Our knowledge about it is partial and fragmentary in major respects, and is no doubt in some measure erroneous. Nevertheless, a clear and consistent picture of what orgone energy is and how it functions arises from Reich’s work. The following ten properties of orgone energy were deduced by Reich.
1. It is mass free. Orgone energy itself has no inertia or weight; i. e., it is mass free. This is one of the reasons it is difficult to measure using conventional techniques. Mass is, however, intimately dependent on the characteristics of the mass-free orgone energy field with which all matter is surrounded. Measurements of weight or inertia reflect the characteristics of this field as well as of the object contained in it.
2. It is present everywhere. Orgone energy fills all space. It is present in differing degrees or concentrations (or “charges”) but is nowhere absent. It is present in vacua, whether within the atmosphere or in outer space. It is in this respect like the ether of pre-20th century physics.
3. It is the medium for electromagnetic and gravitational phenomena. Again, like the ether., orgone energy is the substratum of the most fundamental natural phenomena. It is the medium in which light moves and electromagnetic and gravitational fields exert force. One of the major tasks of orgonomy is to integrate our knowledge of orgone energy with the facts about those phenomena known to orthodox physics.
4. It is in constant motion. The continual motion of orgone energy can be observed under appropriate conditions. There are at least two characteristic types of motion, a pulsation or alternating expansion and contraction, and a flow, normally along a curving path.
5. It “contradicts” the law of entropy. Orgone energy is attracted to concentrations of orgone energy. Unlike heat or electricity, which always show a direction from higher to lower potential, orgone energy flows from lower orgonotic potential to higher. In a thermal system in which outside energy is neither added nor subtracted, heat is lost by hot objects or materials and absorbed by cool until everything within the system is the same temperature. “Entropy increases” as the heat is distributed more and more uniformly. Heat, after all, leaves the sun and goes out into space; it does not collect from space and flow into the sun. In the same way, a heater radiates heat into the room.
MATTER IS CREATED FROM IT IT FORMS UNITS WHICH ARE FOCAL POINTS OF CREATIVE ACTIVITY IT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR LIFE Orgone Generators The combination of organic material (cured fiberglass resin-a hydrocarbon compound) and metal chips provides a matrix which has the capacity to attract and capture orgone energy as Wilhelm Reich's research demonstrated in the 1930's/40's and discussed in Reich's book, The Cancer Biopathy. Adding a crystal intensifies that process and allows you the opportunity to 'program' the crystal with your mind (and intentions) to direct that energy towards a specific task or goal. A developer of Radionic devices found that combining fiberglass resin with metal particles produced the orgone attractive-repulsive effect. The combination of a metal/resin matrix and crystals can tansmute 'DOR', the negative polarity of orgone energy, into 'OR', the positive polarity of orgone energy. Many people notice positive emotional effects in the presence of orgone generators. Mood and emotions tend to elevate. Some people who have trouble falling asleep report that they can sleep better when using orgone generators and prisms. Many people have noticed that plants grow quicker and more lushly-- in the vicinity of an orgone generator.
How To Make Your Own Orgone Blasters
** The coil may look like it’s being wound counterclockwise but the motion is moving forward…wind it clockwise and then snip the wire For visual purposes from the bottom to the top of the coil it resembles walking up a winding staircase.
|Ingredients:Clear Quartz Crystals – 1-2 inch are best so you can place one inside the coil, and I put smaller ones around it as well. The more crystals the more power. If you have smaller crystals put 2 inside the coil and one on each side of it.
Metal Shavings – shredded aluminum and copper or shredded titanium and copper. About 2/3 aluminum or titanium to 1/3 copper. I add pennies at the top for an extra copper power boost. Using pre-1983 pennies are best. You can get creative here. You can get metal shavings from metal shops that sell them, or you can use bb’s, or cut up steel and copper scrubbies from Walmart or the Dollar Store. The kind you clean pots and pans with etc..they’re easy to find. Cut them up in 1/2 inch pieces.
Copper Wire – you can get small roll packs of copper wire at the hardware store. About 18 gauge or smaller. I use 14 gauge. Cut off about 6 inches and wrap it around two fingers clockwise and make it coil. Then slide it off and set it into the center of your pan or cup.
Resin – I use auto bondo fiberglass resin. It’s easy to find at anyplace that sells auto parts. Even Walmart has it. You can buy a quart or a gallon. It comes with a small tube of hardner. It’s easiest to mix the entire thing at one time then try to guess proper amounts of the resin/hardner to use. You can get 12 muffin pan OB’s out of a quart. Don’t mix the resin till you’re ready to pour it. It dries quickly and will get lumpy and hard if you don’t use it right away after putting the hardner in it. Do not mix the resin in plastic. It gets to hot and dries much faster in plastic. I use old aluminum coffee cans.
12 cup Muffin pan or 3oz. dixie cups. I prefer the muffin pan because the paper is noticeable on dixie cups when tossed into woods or wherever.
With vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray grease or spray the pan. If you’re using dixie cups the cups won’t come off even if you oil them. Preferred method is muffin pan.
To keep the resin from drying to quick just add your ingredients first then pour resin over the top later. I spray the pan, put all the ingredients in each muffin hole, and then pour the resin over the top all at once over the holes.
If you’re using pennies for extra copper power place some copper down first, then the penny on top of that in the center of muffin hole and add some metal shavings on top of it, the coil and crystals, then a little more shaving on top of that.. (If you’re using a gallon at a time mixed up you might want to prepare the muffin tins first, the resin can dry and harden before you get to it otherwise).
For the coil cut off about 6-8 inches of the Copper wire and wrap it around 2 fingers clockwise and slide off placing the coil in center of muffin. Place some copper shavings around the coil and add 2-3 crystals inside the coil (depends on size of crystal here). Looser, wider coils give me more power than tightly wound coils.
I like to put crystals both inside and around the coil.
Fill to 1/3 of top of muffin pan with the ingredients.
Pour resin over. Let it absorb, then pour more resin over it to fill it.
Let it dry. Probably about one hour. Then take out of pan let them dry longer.
Make in a well ventilated area, outside or in a garage.
If you’re mailing them, wrap them in foil.
copyright @Sherry Shriner
OTHER ORGONE MAKING IDEAS
example: copper scrubbies for metal content
NAILS – METAL SHAVINGS – CRYSTALS – Pennies/Nickels(REAL COPPER & SILVER PEOPLE)
Stones for specific direction: i.e. amethysts for psychic protection, malacite for prosperity, etc.
1. The size of the metal shavings doesn’t matter. If the shavings are small, make sure the resin is soaking down to the bottom of whatever mold you are using. Pour slowly and in stages so the resin has time to soak in.
2. Shavings with oil on them can be used. The oil will heat up as the resin cures, however and may even sizzle and pop.
3. All orgonite devices heat up as the resin cures. This is normal.
4. Generally, any kind of metal can be used. Steel, brass, aluminum, copper, etc.
5. Wear gloves and a $40-style respirator when pouring. It just won’t do to save the world and kill your liver with resin fumes. Make sure your pouring area is well-ventilated!
6. Do not mix the catalyst with the resin until you are ready to pour. You only have about 15 minutes until the catalyzed resin hardens.
7. If you can, use a long table and cover it with cardboard. When the cardboard gets too messed up with dried resin, metal pieces and paint, just replace it.
8. Use a plastic tarp under the table. Resin spills will dry and can easily be scraped off the plastic.
9. From Lena: I use a plastic pitcher [for pouring resin] that is soft plastic that bends a bit. After it builds up and I have a nice layer of hardened resin in it I just give it a good whack with a hammer and this resin pitcher falls out. Sometimes it doesn’t come out all in one piece but it seems to work for me. [I use a two-quart pitcher so I can pour a lot of tb’s at once. – Dooney]
10. Get all your materials ready before you pour. Quartz chips are in the muffin mold, metal shavings are nearby or in the mold already, copper coils are made, etc. Put your various crystals and orgonite additives in paper cups so they are easily accessible while you are pouring.
Scientific Journals in Orgonomy:
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SEX ECONOMY AND ORGONE RESEARCH (four
ORGONE ENERGY BULLETIN and CORE (seven volumes)
ANNALS OF THE ORGONE INSTITUTE (one volume)
ORGONOMIC MEDICINE (one volume)
ORGONOMIC FUNCTIONALISM (seven volumes)
THE CREATIVE PROCESS (one volume)
- Kelley, C. R. A NEW METHOD OF WEATHER CONTROL